“From knowing who I am, to knowing what I want, to getting what I want, which will lead to a more fulfilled life”
The recurrent theme in my workshops is awareness by addressing questions such as:
- What are my responsibilities as a leader in science?
- How do I hear and understand others?
- How do I make myself heard and understood?
- How do priming, bias, stereotypes, and personalities affect our professional lives?
- What is the range of my influence on my surroundings?
- How can I create a diverse & inclusive surrounding?
- PhD students, postdocs, and group leaders
- groups of women scientists
- groups of mixed gender
- hopefully in the future, also for groups of men scientists
- Leadership Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Gender equity in science
Aims of my workshops include:
- become more aware of who you are and what you want,
- understand the influence of priming, bias and stereotypes in our every-day lives,
- understand how personality & individual needs shape interpersonal communication,
- learn to communicate clearly as a member of a research group or as a leader,
- understand what is leadership (style) and how it differs from management,
- know how to create an environment where members of the research group feel motivated, inspired, fulfilled (by their leadership),
- learn to embrace fairness regarding gender as well as cultural, societal and professional background
I tailor my work as much as possible to the client in order to fulfil needs and expectations wherever I can. Therefore I collaborate with other trainers, coaches and facilitators on topics such as negotiation, academic mobility, creativity, oral presentation skills, poster design skills, scientific writing, project management, …
If you are interested in a topic that is not listed on this page, please email me, and I see what I can do or who I can refer you to!
We gladly take suggestions for more short movies or support your own movie project!
Please, email me for more information:
hilde janssens at servusscience dot org