“From knowing who I am, to knowing what I want, to getting what I want, which will lead to a more fulfilled life”
The recurrent theme in my workshops is awareness by addressing questions such as:
- What are my responsibilities as a leader in science?
- How do I hear and understand others?
- How do I make myself heard and understood?
- How do priming, bias, stereotypes, and personalities affect our professional lives?
- What is the range of my influence on my surroundings?
- PhD students, postdocs, and group leaders
- groups of women scientists
- groups of mixed gender
- hopefully in the future, also for groups of men scientists
- Leadership Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Self-leadership – look within to succeed (in collaboration with negoservices)
- Gender equity in science
Aims of my workshops include:
- become more aware of who you are and what you want,
- understand the influence of priming, bias and stereotypes in our every-day lives,
- understand how personality & individual needs shape interpersonal communication,
- learn to communicate clearly as a member of a research group or as a leader,
- understand what is leadership (style) and how it differs from management,
- know how to create an environment where members of the research group feel motivated, inspired, fulfilled (by their leadership),
- learn to embrace fairness regarding gender as well as cultural, societal and professional background
I tailor my work as much as possible to the client in order to fulfil needs and expectations wherever I can. Therefore I collaborate with other trainers, coaches and facilitators on topics such as negotiation, academic mobility, creativity, oral presentation skills, poster design skills, scientific writing, project management, …
If you are interested in a topic that is not listed on this page, please email me, and I see what I can do or who I can refer you to!
First film project completed: “Recruitment bias in Research Institutes“, together with film producer Gregory Boyle.
We gladly take suggestions for more short movies or support your own movie project!
Please, email me for more information:
hilde janssens at servusscience dot org